Introduced in 1997, the C-Leg® was the first prosthesis system to intelligently control and adapt to an individual's gait.
Ottobock introduced the world to the C-Leg® microprocessor-controlled knee in 1997, and it caused an immediate sensation. Since then the C-Leg has become the most clinically evaluated and studied prosthetic knee in history, with over 40,000 people taking advantage of its proven function and stability and helping to make C-Leg technology the Standard of Care for above-knee amputees.
Over that time, we’ve continued research and development efforts, and gained a lot of practical experience in microprocessor knees. We have been working toward the day when we could offer an even better solution, and that day is here, with Genium® technology. Genium is the next generation of lower limb prostheses. Easy to fit, even easier to use, this incredibly sophisticated technology opens up a whole new realm of possibilities.
The Genium Bionic Prosthetic System is the result of extensive research and development efforts as well as over 14 years of practical experience with the C-Leg® prosthesis system. A breakthrough in prosthetic knee joints, the Genium is based on a completely new technology platform, fueled by advances in control technology.
- Ascend stairs step over step Stair ascension is possible due to additional sensory inputs, which allow users to climb stairs step over step with more natural movements.
- Cross obstacles more smoothly Now everyday obstacles like curbs can be stepped right over—supported by a stable, flexed knee at loading—instead of having to swing the prosthetic leg around.
- Walk backwards, forwards ... and more Genium detects the user’s forward and backward motion. As a result, stance will not release when stepping backwards or changing direction, giving users the benefit of safe, multi-directional mobility.
- Stand more easily With its new Intuitive Stance Function, the Genium can tell when the user is standing and automatically resists further flexion. This allows for a natural distribution of body weight while standing, even on inclines and uneven surfaces.
- Sit more naturally If the user sits for more than 2 seconds (with the thigh parallel to the ground and minimal weight on the leg) the Genium reduces resistance to take a more natural position—and switches to an energy-saving mode!
A perfect balance of stability and dynamics. RHEO KNEE 3 incorporates tried, tested and proven technology, along with a number of improvements to make life that little bit easier.
Ossur RHEO KNEE® is an advanced knee that allows its users to focus on their chosen activity, instead of having to think about how they are walking. The RHEO KNEE® can recognize and respond even better to the most subtle changes in walking speed and terrain. Using sophisticated artificial intelligence, it continuously learns and adapts to walking style and environment. As a result, it restores the ability to walk naturally, comfortably, and confidently at any speed.
- Feel totally confident and safe, even on stairs, ramps and uneven ground
- Helps users to feel in control at all times and takes confidence to a whole new level:
- Change speed and direction with absolute ease
- Move more naturally, even in confined spaces
- Think less about what to do and how best to move
- Walk farther, using less energy, and maintain an active lifestyle
- Ultra stable, while the more active person will benefit from the extra functionality
Medi OFM2 knee
Knee joint with a 2-in-1 function.
Medi's OFM2 knee joint is a light monocentric knee joint with a brake function and a locking lever: its 2-in-1 function means it can be used in the rehabilitation phase As a locked knee joint, it is particularly suitable for the first standing and walking exercises. As the user grows more mobile, the CPO can activate the flexion and extension function. The brake unit guarantees a controlled flexion and extension profile
Users in the rehabilitation phase have a particularly high need for safety, which is why medi's OFM2 can be locked permanently by the CPO for the first standing and walking exercises. The joint cannot then be bent. The locking function can later be disabled as the user becomes more mobile, which makes possible a harmonious flexion and extension. If the user temporarily wants more safety, he can lock and unlock the joint himself using the dual function lever. The stance and swing phase profile of the knee joint is matched to the needs of less mobile users and can be adjusted individually.
Locking function for a high degree of safety for the first standing and walking exercises
Flexion and extension can be released depending on the patient's progress
Individually selectable level of safety in definitive therapy
Rates of flexion and extension can be adapted to the user's wishes
Plie 3 microprocessor knee
Stronger. Smarter. Submersible.
Stronger construction makes the new Plié 3 Microprocessor Controlled (MPC) Knee both submersible and more rugged than ever. Yet, it’s still the fastest MPC knee, responding 10 to 20 times more rapidly than other MPC knees. With the most responsive stumble and fall protection, users can instinctively move at their own pace in any direction…even if it’s taking small short steps or pivoting in confined spaces. And with a more streamlined, intuitive set up, the Plié 3 MPC Knee makes it even easier for prosthetists to help patients expand their freedom.
- Plié 3 features more rugged internal components designed to improve durability are tested to our rigorous standards.
- Interchangeable batteries for on-the-go convenience
- Improved stance flexion resistance bezel designed for durability
- Proprietary sensor and load cells with customized settings for advanced stumble recovery
- Rapid response spool valve
- 8MHz microprocessor for response within 10milliseconds
- New bearings and electronic components for an even smoother gait
- New remote access battery option for one piece skinned cosmetic covers
- The Plié 3 can be safely submersed in fresh shallow water for up to 30 minutes at a time.
- Watertight battery cap, color coded for ease of use
- IP67 tested coated electronics for occasional submersion in water
- K3 amputees that need customized stumble recovery for a variety of activities
- High K3 and K4 amputees that need a knee that adjusts to both walking and running
- Ambulate with variable cadence on uneven terrain
- Have adequate hip strength in flexion and extension